Foundation and Application of NMT
Participants who attend this module should be able to:
- Define three categories of health that cause or perpetuate chronic pain.
- Identify perpetuating factors within each health category that may be applicable to a particular client/athlete/patient.
- Identify “Red Flags” for visceral pathology that mimics myofascial pain.
- Discuss myofascial trigger points and identify elements that lead to their formation.
- Apply trigger point pressure release.
- List several treatment options for deactivating myofascial trigger points.