NMT for Lower Extremity
Participants who attend this module should be able to:
- Meet all learning objectives of the Foundation and Application of NMT module, which is presented on day one of this module.
- Integrate myofascial treatment techniques into current practice procedures.
- Identify trigger points within myofascial tissues of the hip, thigh, knee, leg and foot.
- Classify trigger points found in the region as to their individual active/latent status.
- Assess each palpable muscle within the targeted region as to the presence of ischemia, trigger points, paraesthesia, and associated symptoms to determine which treatment strategies to employ.
- Employ step-by-step treatment protocols to examine myofascial structures within the entire lower extremity, from sacroiliac joints to the distal end of the toes.