NMT for Upper Extremity
Participants who attend this module should be able to:
- Meet all learning objectives of the Foundation and Application of NMT module, which is presented on day one of this module.
- Integrate myofascial treatment techniques into current practice procedures.
- Identify trigger points within the shoulder, elbow, forearm and hand.
- Classify trigger points found in the region as to their individual active/latent status.
- Assess each palpable muscle within the targeted region as to the presence of ischemia, trigger points, paraesthesia, and associated symptoms to determine which treatment strategies to employ.
- Employ step-by-step treatment protocols to examine myofascial structures within the entire upper extremity, from the vertebral border of the scapula posteriorly and the sternum anteriorly to the distal end of the fingers.